Hello!

This is a blog about some of the things in my life that I've come to enjoy. I keep, so to speak, a record of all the things that I do in my spare time. I am a cat addict, nature fanatic, vintage lover, girl gamer, and love to research and write about interesting facts plus more! I hope you enjoy viewing my blog.

My 15 Favorite Remedies for Headaches and Migraines



Okay, so I'm going to be real here. I get headaches. A LOT. It's probably because I get stressed out too much, resulting in tension headaches. So, I've researched and compiled a list of headache and migraine remedies for those of you that just have a little more tension than others.

Topical:

Lavender oil
Lavender oil is good for soothing many things, including headaches. Just rub some onto your temples (or wherever your headache is) and relax.

Ice
Ice is great for headaches. There are two techniques that you can use. You can either put an ice pack over your head, or you can simply get one ice cube and rub it on the back of your neck. This method has worked many times for me when my head is in pain. 

Heating pad
If the ice doesn't work, you can heat things up a bit with a heating pad. Just place it on your head and rest.

Moist towel - warm or cool

Hot shower

Internal Use:

Alka-Seltzer
This is by far my favorite remedy for internal use to cure a headache or migraine. It works very fast. Just use one pack of it in a small amount of water, less than 8 oz. You can buy Alka-Seltzer at Walmart for $6.

Cayenne pepper
Take two cayenne capsules, rather than choking the powder down in a glass of water. This method is much easier and still has the same effect.

Chamomile tea
Chamomile tea is a relaxant. So, just do exactly that and treat yourself to some nice warm chamomile tea.

Ginger
Some people swear by it this. I took ginger once for a headache, and it never seemed to help me. I will, however, still put it out there that many other people say that it does actually work for their headaches.

Almonds
Eating 10-12 almonds is about the equivalent of taking two aspirins. They may not taste that great to some people, but it can cure a headache if it really gets that bad.

Other:

Massage
If you have a vibrator, massage therapist, or a loved one willing to tend to your headache, you can just lay down, relax, and get the spa treatment.

Stretching
Stretching is a great way to relieve headaches. Simply take your right hand and put it over the left side of your head, then gently pull your head to the right. The repeat the same on the left side.

Exercising
Exercising can be be an amazing way to promote circulation throughout the body. You can do any kind of exercise, but the higher and longer it gets your heart rate up, the better. I recommend at least 30 minutes of upbeat exercise.

Sleep
This is definitely my favorite overall remedy to kill a headache. If you have time, you can take a nap, but long overnight sleep is preferred to kill headaches.


No electronics
Last but not least, staying off electronics will ease a headache. So, what are you waiting for? Put your phone down and get some rest!

Pain is not forever. - Saint Bernadette Soubirous
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment